Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Certification Application Completion Service
Is a federal program designed for small business owners deemed “socially and economically disadvantaged”. This program, while operating under the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), is individually administered at the state department of transportation (DOT) level. Applicant firms must first become approved as a DBE by their respective state DOT before applying for DBE Certification in other states across the nation.
The application process for the DBE Certification is perhaps as rigorous as the SBA’s 8(a) Certification application process, and many of the same terms, conditions and restrictions apply. To achieve the DBE Certification, the Small Business concern must comply, among others, with the following conditions:
- Be a fully operational and existing “for profit” business in good standing.
- Comply with the federal government’s programmatic definitions of a “small business concern.”
- Be an independent, self-sufficient business, and not rely on or depend on another business’s resources, facilities or personnel to subsist or run its day to day operations.
- Applicant owner(s) must meet the programmatic definition of being “socially disadvantaged” individuals;
- Applicant owner(s) must own a minimum of 51% of the firm and have a vested stake in the firm.
- Applicant owner(s) net worth cannot exceed $1.32 million dollars.
- Applicant owner(s) must clearly have control of the firm’s daily operations, and have a resume or expertise to demonstrate their ability to lead the applicant firm.
Rafael Marrero & Company takes the headache out of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) DBE Certification application process!
- Call us today for a FREE consult at 888-595-6221 to check if you qualify for this special small business development program.
- Schedule a FREE one-on-one consult with our award-winning founder and CEO, Rafael Marrero: https://calendly.com/rafaelmarrero
- Email us for a FREE FACT SHEET: email@example.com