Have you ever wondered how to do business with VA? No matter how large or small your business is, this federal department can be your potential client.
If you are a small business owner wondering how to do business with the DOJ, here is the answer.
Small businesses, small disadvantaged businesses, HUBZone certified businesses, woman-owned small businesses, and small businesses owned and controlled by service-disabled veterans can break into the federal marketplace and do business with the United States Department of Justice (DOJ).
To achieve that goal, small business owners must work toward becoming federal contractors, identifying contracting opportunities, and thereby getting contracts or subcontracts that allow them to provide their products and/or services to the DOJ.
Where to start?
As the DOJ’s official website shows, there are some basic steps that small businesses must take to pursue contracts with the Federal Government.
- Obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS)number from Dun & Bradstreet. This unique nine-digit number is available for free for vendors pursuing federal contracts and grants through SAM.gov.
- Register in the System for Award Management (SAM). SAM is a consolidation of several procurement systems that allows small businesses to register to do business with the federal government, and represent/self-certify as a small business in one system.
How to access federal contracts?
To find contracting opportunities, the DOJ recommends the following:
- Know the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes for your firm’s products and/or services.
- Identify which DOJ component(s) buy the products and/or services your firm provides.
- Contact the DOJ Small Business Specialist for the component for assistance on marketing your firm to that component.
- Review the DOJ Forecast of Contracting Opportunities.
- Visit the beta.SAM.gov website for current DOJ contracting opportunities.
- Consider becoming a General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule contract holder.
Are you interested in doing business with the DOJ?
If you are interested in doing business with the DOJ and need more details in this respect, you can obtain more information by visiting the Procurement Technical Assistance Centers and the Small Business Development Centers.
Parallelly, you can contact our team of experts in federal contracting through the following channels:
- (888) 595-6221
Through a free video consultation, you will learn about your chances of becoming a federal provider and, better yet, doing business directly with the DOJ. Contact us today!