What better gift this holiday season than patriotism? Gifting your loved ones something that’s made…
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) issues the 8a certification in recognition of your eligibility for the 8a Business Development Program. Rafael Marrero & Company has already worked with the American Abatement & Demo(AAD) to ensure that they received 8a certification.
What Is the 8a Certification?
The SBA issues 8a certification to those businesses that have at least 51% ownership by economically and socially disadvantaged individuals. You may be recognized as an 8a business under the SBA program.
To qualify, you need to show that you fulfill the small business requirements per the SBA guidelines. Rafael Marrero & Company helped American Abatement & Demo gain certification by highlighting the many key features of Mari Borrero’s business that sets it apart.
Not only is Mari a military veteran, woman, and minority but she has dedicated herself to overcoming every barrier or obstacle in her path. Beyond the basics, she’s inspiring as an award-winning educator, author, veteran, and business owner. We’re pleased to focus on her many talents and achievements as part of her history of leadership and innovation.
What Are the Benefits of 8a Certification?
Mari Borrero at American Abatement & Demo needed an 8a Certification so she could access lucrative sole-source contracts and set asides as a federal contractor. She needed to improve her standing as a business-to-government (B2G) contractor in the abatement industry.
She also wanted to build on her existing certifications and memberships to further leverage her success. Here profile was already impressive, with the following:
- National Veteran Small Business Coalition
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Washington State Office Minority & Women’s Business Enterprises
- Veteran-Owned Small Business
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) accreditation
With her background and credentials, she was able to qualify as a small business, with 51% owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged U.S. citizens. So what does that mean for your business? With the 8a certification, you can access lucrative set-asides and sole-source contracts as an authorized federal contractor.
- You can pursue SBA Mentor-Protégé program opportunities, so you can improve your standing in the abatement industry as a business-to-government contractor.
- You can connect with compliance and procurement experts to better understand finance and government contracting regulations.
- You can tap into the free training from the SBA’s technical assistance program.
- You may receive assistance for business development from specialists who can help your business grow and thrive.
- You may even qualify for priority status on federal surplus property.
- You may access opportunities that will help you increase your capacity.
You can find competitive ways to work with the federal government with demo services and safe abatement as a small disadvantaged business.
Taking the Next Step With Rafael Marrero & Company
Rafael Marrero & Company is an experienced management consultancy, with an experienced team who can offer SBA 8a certification assistance to you. In our work with Mari Borrero at American Abatement & Demo, we consulted with her about the process, offered recommendations, and guided her through the process to ensure that she received the coveted SBA 8a certification.
Now, Rafael Marrero & Company offers our consulting services to you for federal branding, but we’re also here to help with your SAM registration. We can review your capability statement to ensure you are better prepared for successful contracting with the federal government.
Learn more about SBA 8a certification and find out what other programs can help your company succeed with contract negotiations with the federal government. Contact us to set up a consultation and get a better sense of how this SBA 8a certification can help you grow your business.