What better gift this holiday season than patriotism? Gifting your loved ones something that’s made…
What Is Capture Management?
Capture management (or federal capture management) is the secret ingredient for pursuing and winning a contract with the United States government — the world’s most powerful client. When you work with a capture manager, you can increase your chances of getting federal government contracts and revolutionize your entire business by getting «ahead» of the RFP process.
Why Does Capture Management Matter?
The federal government will spend 23 percent of its $2.2 trillion budget for the 2022 fiscal year on contractual services and supplies — that’s an eye-watering $242 billion. As the largest employer for contract work on the planet, the U.S. government could provide your business with a steady stream of income that could be worth millions of dollars.
A contract with the U.S. government could also prove more lucrative than a contract from a private company. That’s because the federal government continuously works with underrepresented businesses such as veteran-, minority- or women-owned companies and provides them with millions of dollars worth of work.
However, getting one of these contracts can be hard work. There’s loads of paperwork involved, and the Small Business Administration (SBA), the General Services Administration (GSA), or any federal agency sourcing a product or service can refuse your bid and proposal if you provide the wrong details, submit an incomplete proposal or lack evidence. Lots of small businesses like yours make millions of dollars working with the government, but there’s a whole process that leads up to that point. Many small enterprises just don’t have the resources or know-how to secure a contract.
That’s why you need to work with a federal capture manager.
How Can a Capture Manager Help You?
A manager takes care of all aspects of federal capture management. That includes:
- Opportunity and organization research.
- Gathering intelligence about your business and its strengths and weaknesses.
- Conduct research about your opportunity and the end client agency or department
- Creating a request for proposal (RFP) — the most important document you need when bidding for government contract services.
- Conduct a risk analysis and elaborate a risk management plan.
- Developing a capture strategy for bidding for a contract.
- Researching competitors who are bidding for the same contract.
- Coordinate resources for the proposal team and capture effort.
Ultimately, the right capture manager can increase your chances of landing a contract with the U.S. government.
How To Choose a Federal Capture Management Specialist
Here are some tips for finding the right capture manager:
- Choose someone with experience. Has the manager secured contracts for previous clients? How much were those contracts worth?
- Will your manager communicate with you throughout the capture management process? Will the specialist explain complicated concepts?
- Does the manager have experience with businesses like yours? For example, has the manager worked with women-owned businesses in the past?
- Does the capture manager have relevant past performance and experience working with the target client?
Federal capture management is all about helping businesses like yours get ahead of the RFP process, and effectively pursue and win contracts from the world’s richest and most powerful client. By working with a capture manager, you can identify strengths and weaknesses in your business, know your client, create a stronger RFP response document, and boost your chances of winning a contract.
Rafael Marrero & Company is the No.1 business-to-government (B2B) consultancy that helps veteran-, minority- and women-owned businesses secure lucrative government contracts. Dr. Rafael Marrero and his team can help you do business with the U.S. government through services such as SBA loans, SAM registration, SBA certifications, and sales training. Contact Dr. Rafael Marrero now.