Capture federal buyer attention with a capability statement. Stand out as a federal contractor…
Are you eligible for any of the $145.7 billion in contracting dollars the federal government sets aside for small business owners? If you’re a small business owner who is socially and economically disadvantaged, then you may qualify for the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) certification. Learn more about this program, its benefits, and the application process today with the help of Rafael Marrero & Company. Take charge of your small business and position yourself for success as you contract with the federal government.
Eligibility for SBA 8(a) Certification
Before you apply for this certification, it’s important to review the SBA 8(a) certification qualifications:
- Comply with the SBA small business size standards
- Be 51% or more owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged U.S. citizens
- Have an adjusted gross income of $350 thousand or less, a personal net worth of $750 thousand or less, and assets totaling $6 million or less
- Demonstrate both potential for success and good character
The specific groups and individuals that are considered socially and economically disadvantaged can be difficult to navigate. If you’re unsure whether you’re eligible, don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional in the industry to assist you with your application.
Benefits of SBA Certification
If you qualify and are successfully certified as an 8(a) firm, then you can enjoy many distinct benefits as you do business with Uncle Sam. Here are some key benefits of being certified through this SBA program:
- Receive access to sole-source contracts and set-aside opportunities
- Become eligible for the SBA Mentor-Protégé Program
- Qualify on a priority basis to receive federal surplus property
- Connect with professional assistance services in business development
- Enjoy free SBA 7(j) Management and Technical Assistance training program
The certification process helps you position your firm for success. Gain crucial industry connections to establish your firm as a reliable supplier to the U.S. government through this helpful program.
Take the Next Step With Rafael Marrero
Dr. Rafael Marrero can help you navigate the application process as you prepare to grow your business-to-government firm. Learn more about the SBA 8(a) certification process today. Contact us to schedule a consultation with your trusted team of federal contracting experts.